Roguetech Wiki/Flex section
1.7.1 Beta Opt in
ROGUETECH MOD VERSION
REQUIERED: Asset Bundle
- All factions are at war with each other.
- Planets offer contracts from the owner of the planet, locals and each bordering faction.
- Doing contracts for a faction raises their percentage of control and lower the percentage of the others.
- The faction with the most control owns the planet.
- If you get high rep with factions they offer you priority contracts that pay better and lead you to currently contested planets.
- The amount of % a contract moves the control is based on skulls, negotiated rep and bordering planets. Each half skull earns 2% of control.
- Whenever the game updates the map it makes a request to the Roguetech server and updates your local map based on the current state of the war.
- After each mission your computer send the result of the mission to the server and that calculates the new map.
- There is no personal information transferred and no mission result can be tracked back to a certain user.
Want to check the current state of the war effort?
- Go to Roguetech.org/
- Join in the war effort at the dedicated Rogue War Discord - https://discord.gg/JU8tuMG
These changes are influenced by the double-blind rules from MaxTech, but have been heavily adapted to the video game mechanics.
This mod is comprehensive, but a short summary of changes in the mod include:
- Sensor blips can now be targeted and attacked, allowing long range builds to be more viable.
- ECM bubbles provide protection for allies and reduce enemy sensors.
- Enemy details are hidden and are only revealed to strong sensors and/or pilots with high Tactics.
- The environment can reduce visibility due to snow, rain, night, etc. This makes sensors critical to success on those maps.
- Stealth can hide enemy mechs (and your own!) allowing you to close range safely.
Mech Engineer is one of the main gameplay experience changing mods added to RogueTech, which allows for many different aspects from the core game between the un-modded BattleTech experience and the RogueTech experience
- New armor types,
- Structure types,
- Reintroducing engine ratings
- Engine core types.
- Heat Sink types (Both Internal and External)