War[edit | edit source]
Basics[edit | edit source]
- All factions are at war with each other.
- Systems offer contracts from the owner of the system, locals and each bordering faction.
- Doing contracts for a faction raises their percentage of control and lower the percentage of the others.
- The faction with the most control owns the system.
- If you get high rep with factions they offer you priority contracts that pay better and lead you to currently contested systems.
Influence[edit | edit source]
Influence is the % of control a faction has over a system. Each successful mission earn your employer influence according to those rules:
- Each half skull of a contract earns +2% influence for the employer.
- Each bordering system (with direct route to contested system) owned by employer adds +1% extra(to a max of 20% extra).
- Each bordering owned by OpFor removes 1%.
- Capitals count as 10 planets. for the ORIGINAL owner.
- Rep earned on a contract is directly translated to % influence, so picking a rep bonus captures contracts faster.
That influence transfers from OpFor to employer directly. If OpFor influence reach 0, all influence subtracted from other factions in system in equal parts.
Failed mission removes half as much influence from employer and gives it to OpFor.
Example[edit | edit source]
System of New Venice owned by Marian Hegemony and bordered by Addhara (also Marian) and Paulinus (owned by Lothian League). System of New Venice influenced by marians (70%), Lothians (15%) and local government (15%)
We do 2.5☠ mission in New Venice for Marians against Lothians. Being chivalrous, we pick only reputation (+12 of it), asking for minimum c-bills and salvage for our efforts.
If we win, Marians gets:
- 2.5☠ * 2 * 2 = +10
- 1 bordering Marians = +1
- 1 bordering Lothians = -1
- Rep bonus we asked = +12
- Rep we got by completing contract = +2
Total: +24 influence. Marian Hegemony takes all 15 influence from Lothian League and 9 more influence from local government. Control of system will be as follows: Marian Hegemony (94%) and local government (6%)
If we loose, Marians looses half of that rounded up (12%) toward Lothians. Control of system will be as follows: Marian Hegemony (58%), Lothian League (27%) and local government (15%)
Economy[edit | edit source]
- All not picked salvage goes into faction inventory for employer
- All sold items go into faction inventory of the planet owner
- Every 15 minutes a new shop is generated from the inventory
- The more of one is in inventory the cheaper it will be
- The more of one is in inventory the more likely it will appear in shop and the more of it will be in there
- MRB rep shops still work the same
IT Stuff(How does it work)[edit | edit source]
- Whenever the game updates the map it makes a request to the Roguetech server and updates your lokal map based on the current state of the war.
- After each mission your computer send the result of the mission to the server and that calculates the new map.
- There is no personal information transfered and no mission result can be tracked back to a certain user.
Maps[edit | edit source]
Here you find the current state of the war if you dont want to start the game just to view it.: Browser Map