War[edit | edit source]
Basics[edit | edit source]
- All factions are at war with each other.
- Systems offer contracts from the owner of the system, locals and each bordering faction.
- Doing contracts for a faction, while allied to them, raises their percentage of control and lowers the percentage of the others.
- The faction with the most control owns the system.
- If a faction is completely wiped out, they can be ''resurrected'' by completing missions in their home system.
- If you are allied with a faction, they will offer you priority contracts that pay better and lead you to currently contested systems.
- You can only send a finished mission to the server every 10 minutes.
Influence[edit | edit source]
Influence is the % of control a faction has over a system. Each successful mission earn your employer influence according to these rules:
- Each half skull of a contract earns +2% influence for the employer.
- Each bordering system (with direct route to contested system) owned by the employer adds +1% extra (up to a maximum of 20% extra).
- Each bordering system owned by OpFor removes 1%.
- Capitals count as 10 planets for the ORIGINAL owner.
- Rep earned on a contract is directly translated to % influence, so picking a rep bonus captures systems faster.
That influence transfers from OpFor to employer directly. If OpFor influence reaches 0, all influence is subtracted from other factions in the system in equal parts.
A failed mission removes half its influence value from the employer and gives it to OpFor.
Example[edit | edit source]
System of New Venice owned by Marian Hegemony and bordered by Addhara (also Marian) and Paulinus (owned by Lothian League). System of New Venice influenced by Marians (70%), Lothians (15%) and local government (15%)
We do a 2.5☠ mission in New Venice for Marians against Lothians. Being chivalrous, we pick only reputation (+12 of it), asking for minimum c-bills and salvage for our efforts.
If we win, the Marians get:
- 2.5☠ * 2 * 2 = +10
- 1 bordering Marians = +1
- 1 bordering Lothians = -1
- Rep bonus we negotiated = +12
- Rep we got by completing the contract = +2
Total: +24 influence. The Marian Hegemony takes all 15 influence from the Lothian League and 9 more influence from local government. Control of the system will be as follows: Marian Hegemony (94%) and local government (6%)
If we lose, the Marians loses half of that rounded up (12%) toward the Lothians. Control of system will be as follows: Marian Hegemony (58%), Lothian League (27%) and local government (15%)
Fortifications[edit | edit source]
- When your allied faction already has 100% control over a planet, you can still keep working those percentages up.
- If you continue doing missions for your faction on that planet you can percentages over 100% at a much slower rate.
- The rate is 10% of the normal gain, i.e. if you normally would have gotten 24% you would gain 2%.
- The maximum is 300%.
IT Stuff(How does it work)[edit | edit source]
- Whenever the game updates the map it makes a request to the RogueTech server and updates your local map based on the current state of the war.
- After each mission your computer sends the mission results to the server and that calculates the new map.
- There is no personal information transferred and no mission results can be tracked back to a certain user.
Maps[edit | edit source]
Here you can find the current state of the war if you don't want to start the game just to view it: Browser Map