Please note: This is not a support forum; please talk to us over on Discord for support; Discord Invite - https://discord.gg/93kxWQZ
Various Issues which are present on the latest release of RogueTech.
- 1 KNOWN ISSUES - READ THEM!
- 2 Modded Mechs with own models / Double refit problem
- 3 0 Part Syndrome
- 4 Steel Beast Crab (FP) - Load failing/Shop breaking/Save game breaking
- 5 Pilot Skills
- 6 Percentage Bonus Equipment
- 7 Portrait Loader Issue
- 8 Missing Icon on main four campaign pilots
- 9 Combat Saved Games (Don't save in combat)
- 10 No Bonus Starting Gear
- 11 Reserves Spawn NPE
- 12 ModTek [Done] Screen stuck
- 13 Damage display "true"
- 14 Save Game loading failure
- 15 Priority Contracts Failing to load
- 16 Movement grid stopping working
- 17 Minefields, Melle attack, and Lethal Damage
- 18 OLD RESOLVED ISSUES:
KNOWN ISSUES - READ THEM![edit | edit source]
- Online shops are not working. Currently NO! plans to bring it back.
- RT shop integration started, not fully finished yet
- Combat saves still may have issues and already broken combat saves will not load. Almost all occurrences are fixed.
- No bonus starting gear, instead randomstart gives you a bit more tonnage. Offline mode has working starting gear.
- If you get stuck at modtek done screen for a longer period, this is an issue of vanilla not initiating properly, try deleting .modtek folder (mostly not rt related)
- Priority contracts randomly fail to load. We cant reproduce why or even get it among the team. Whoever finds a true reproducible commonality please help.
- Mercenary start without RandomCampaignStart will give you a target dummy - not really a bug so it wont be fixed
- Randomly occurring duplicated defaults - Store and ready the mech to fix, ultra rare issue
- Shops populate only after first contract on a planet- is being worked on
- Story mode and Vanilla Flashpoints do not fully work with RT. There are NO PLANS to make this work properly together, story mode is a nicety, not the main concern.
- Sometimes there are visible health bars on remains, This is a vanilla bug and causes no real issues
- Not being able to hire pilots, company not fully initialized, save and reload or spend xp, yet another vanilla bug
- "XXDestroyed" after every crit state triggered on item without the item being destroyed, being investigated
Modded Mechs with own models / Double refit problem[edit | edit source]
Access the Marauder's (or any other modded into mech) refit screen but the refit overlay (which shows the hardpoints where you drag components onto/off the mech) will not close when work is confirmed or canceled.
For example, when I refit the mech by, say, adding a heat sink and removing an ammo bin and click confirm, the background changes from the Marauder refit screen to the mech bays but the overlay remains, including the confirmation dialog. Each subsequent click of confirm debits my available funds by the cost of the work I had requested.
If I try and cancel the refit, the background changes from the Marauder refit screen to the mech bays but again, the refit overlay remains.
When the overlay persists, it prevents me from navigating and interacting with other those screens I am able to reach and the only option is to reload.
Possible Fix -
- Fix is known, only it needs to be re-ported the mech models themselves to make them as issue free as possible.
- Click the confirmation screen once, and on the 2nd confirmation screen or subsequent screens you can cancel them with no problems (It prevents double stacking with double price of refitting/repairs).
0 Part Syndrome[edit | edit source]
After collecting all required parts to assemble a Mech, the Mech shows 0 parts, and is unable to be assembled
- Still investigating
- First, change your mech assembly to a higher value in the options under game settings and difficulty.
- Now Save and Quit to Desktop.
- Uninstall RogueTech.
- Validate your installation.
- Reinstall the LATEST VERSION of RT.
- Load your save.
- Enter a mission.
- Complete mission with salvage (doesn't matter what it is but grabbing any mech part should work)
- After mission go back into settings and change to desired mech parts.
- Save and Quit to desktop.
- Reload game.
Steel Beast Crab (FP) - Load failing/Shop breaking/Save game breaking[edit | edit source]
The Steel Beast its known to cause problems with RogueTech (and probably other mods). This due to some problems with filenames for that particular mech (existing 2 versions of it, and one with broken formatting within the file) which can cause multiple problems.
Note this is a vanilla problem, if its not fixed, it will probably be forever present (since even having a file replacing it may cause RT to not load, confirmed, one of the modders wasted 16 hours figuring out what was preventing RT to load for him, and it was this).
But the relevant part for this, is to just NOT LOOT IT AT ALL!
Try to evade it like the plague, since it will prevent you from selling anything, and the worst case scenario, save game game corruption.
Pilot Skills[edit | edit source]
Bug when using the pilot skills Warlord and Multi-Target: When you first activate Warlord, Multi-Target is on a 1-turn cool-down, so you can't use it with Warlord. However, when you first activate Multi-Target and then Warlord, you actually can use Multi-Target with Warlord (it still shows the 1-turn cool-down timer, but the skill is still selected).
Percentage Bonus Equipment[edit | edit source]
Equipment that has a percentage bonus, needs to be loaded after the flat bonus equipment due to how the calculations are made.
First all the flat bonus are calculated and only then are the percentage bonus calculated.
Portrait Loader Issue[edit | edit source]
If portrait loader seems to work, your game will crash (if it says ARCLIGHT% before changing name all is okay).
Also save-games without a properly selected commander picture/name will not load.
Commander customization is final, not possible to back track.
Don't use the DEFAULT commander setting when making a new career, make your own commander appropriately.
Missing Icon on main four campaign pilots[edit | edit source]
Any of the main four campaign pilots will have a glitched portrait both in the Argo as well as on missions.
Currently there is no known way to fix this, but since it's inoffensive, it's on the low priority list.
Combat Saved Games (Don't save in combat)[edit | edit source]
Combat saves still may have issues and already broken combat saves will not load.
Try to not save while you are inside a mission. Even more if you are on IRONMAN. Just don't!
No Bonus Starting Gear[edit | edit source]
No bonus starting gear, instead RandomStart gives you a bit better mechs (and heavier) on game start.
Reserves Spawn NPE[edit | edit source]
When reserves spawn, they don't necessarily get OnRoundBeing invoked. This causes NPEs (NullPointException) in the lookup of ActorInit. Protect the ActorInit fetch.
ModTek [Done] Screen stuck[edit | edit source]
If you get stuck at modtek done screen for a longer period,
Please delete turbine in BATTLETECH/mods. Delete the .modtek folder and try again.
Damage display "true"[edit | edit source]
If damage displays "true" instead of a number, please come to discord. This is a randomly happening install failure.
Save Game loading failure[edit | edit source]
Loading a save without restarting the game may fail.
Priority Contracts Failing to load[edit | edit source]
Priority contracts randomly fail to load.
Movement grid stopping working[edit | edit source]
Random movement stopping to work.
Fix is to restart the game.
The RT team hasn't been able to reproduce this issue.
Minefields, Melle attack, and Lethal Damage[edit | edit source]
A short slowdown and hang when meleed through a minefield and taking lethal damage.
Its being worked on currently.
OLD RESOLVED ISSUES:[edit | edit source]
Unable to complete mission if you've chosen 7 or more priority salvage. [RESOLVED][edit | edit source]
This can be reproduced 100% of the time on any mission in which you select 7+ items of priority salvage in the mission accept screen.
Find a mission that can pay out 7+ priority salvage. Move the slider so that you are at max salvage, must be 7+ priority. I see this most often with 8 priority salvage. Complete mission successfully. Fill in all your priority salvage slots on mission completion screen. Result -
You can not click 'complete' to move on to the next screen because the UI only is able to display 6 priority salvage slots. There is not a scroll bar, the arrow keys do nothing and dropping an item of salvage onto the bottom of the salvage box just drops it back to inventory.
Possible fix -
Need be done by HBS
None found so far.
Infinite loading screen on 5 Skull Contract Missions [RESOLVED][edit | edit source]
Infinite loading with Output log stating Unit Spawner Lance_OpposingForce
EncounterLogic.ContractOverride [LOG] Unit spawner Lance_OpposingForce_1. selected this unit: [mechdef_cicada_CDA-2A] match these tags: [unit_medium, unit_mech] and these excluded tags [unit_urbie, unit_noncombatant] Still trying to find the cause
Anybody having difficulty loading 5 skull contract missions, Set Contract Difficulty Variance to 0 in the settings difficulty menu