Please note: This is not a support forum; please talk to us over on Discord for support; Discord Invite - https://discord.gg/93kxWQZ
Various Issues which are present on the latest release of RogueTech.
- 1 Osmium Beta Known Issues
- 2 I Have a Virus Detection
- 3 Modded Mechs with own models / Double refit problem
- 4 Steel Beast Crab (FP) - Load failing/Shop breaking/Save game breaking
- 5 Pilot Skills
- 6 Percentage Bonus Equipment
- 7 No Bonus Starting Gear
- 8 Reserves Spawn NPE
- 9 Save Game loading failure
- 10 Priority Contracts Failing to load
- 11 Minefields, Melee attack, and Lethal Damage
Osmium Beta Known Issues[edit | edit source]
To help we need the launchers log when this happens on our Discord Server
Launcher[edit | edit source]
- Game fails to Launch roguetech on a first start or a updated setting Restart the launcher, hit update again and launch again Being investigated why some files fail to install
- Launcher has issues with updating or launching if there are multiple copies of RTLauncher kicking around, especially older installs. Delete all previous copies of RTLauncher and caches
Disabled Features[edit | edit source]
- Online Maps - currently disabled for overhaul.
- As a result, faction stores are not currently working. Efforts are being made to separate these two.
- Anything you see in faction stores is a result of 'leakage'.
- Combat saves are permanently disabled
- Older steam overlay - Do NOT use! it crashes HBSBT 1.9
Issues with a fix[edit | edit source]
If you are on the latest update, run these fixes, and the issue persists, gather logs and make a ticket.
- Weapon and Equipment traits (Orange text on card) is missing. This happens after a fresh install/update.
- Restart the game.
- Randomly occurring duplicated defaults or default/fixed equipment making mech invalid
- Store and ready the mech to fix.
- Not being able to hire pilots/pilots don't appear in barracks after hiring
- Save and reload before hiring to fix
- Cannot deploy during first contract
- Save and reload to fix
- Purple/pink Mech models, purple/pink ECM bubbles
- Shaders failed to initialize, happens randomly, try waiting before pressing begin combat after mission loads
- Purple artillery explosions, purple fires (Linux/Mac)
- Shaders fail to link, select "Old Fire" in the installer
- RogueTech for linux requires some extra steps
- Outlined on the wiki install guide
- Clicking deploy button does
- Remove warnings on your mechs. Yes, even the underweight one. Yes, even if you deployed a 1000 times with it.
- If you go into career and cant open the mechbay.
- Restart your game.
- Item effects descriptions are not displayed in the mechlab
- Restart the game without updating, happens after update
- Withdrawing from contracts is not working as intended.
- You can always leave by getting to the zone no matter what Sumire says
- Soft-lock after mission completion. Game screen only shows background. Salvage screen broken from restarting mission. How many times you can safely restart varies between computers, anywhere from never to non-issue.
- Load a pre-mission save, or better, restart the game.
- Weapon panel sometimes doesn't appear when selecting a mech.
- Pressing escape to Deselect and trying again a couple times generally fixes it.
- After selecting attack (or moving and being forced into attack) valid targets does not update when changing fire modes (Direct/Indirect/etc.)
- Deselect attack by clicking anything else (i.e. attack ground), then select attack again. This forces the game to re-evaluate valid targets.
- Do not touch pilots stats while they are fatigued or injured.
- If you did, retrain pilot (Shift+Click on Skills tab in Barracks) to get skills working again.
Issues with no known fix[edit | edit source]
- May crash when alt-tabbing during modtek load
- Memory (RAM) usage is high. HBSBT issue, leaks like a sieve. Do not try to run game for hours on end, or else expect crashes.
- Pilot portraits staying blue after using sensor lock
- Mission Control can sometimes take its time to find a drop spot when randomized spawns are enabled
- Flashpoints are not affected by Mission Control and your second lance will not drop
- AMS laser animation sometimes doesn't go away. We are sending in ComStar security to arrest it for indecent AMS laser exposure.
- Some variant weapons have a name ending in (Deprecated). This is only a bug if you see them in salvage after a mission Any you have still work. We're changing the way we handle weapon variants. The deprecated ones are being phased out of future versions.
- Some pilots, most famously Decker, gain massive amounts of experience (XP) per contract. Vanilla bug.
Issues we need logs for[edit | edit source]
Fixes in progress[edit | edit source]
- Contract named "Scorpion's Nest" is broken and can't be completed. Fix being worked on.
- The Cattlemaster being above ground is a side effect of its extreme resizing
- Not being able to sprint at start of combat, its being investigated
- Weapons with more than 1 projectile per shot incorrectly display their damage as only 10% of it's actual value. (HAG, AP Gauss, Pirate RAC etc, For example A HAG30 puts out a total of 150 damage, but displays at 15 on the weapon card.)
- Selling Salvage during the salvage screen may lockup the next savlage screen.
- Disputed Salvage popup uses a different name than what players normally see. Loot is likely not missing from popup, just using an internal name.
- Weirdness with contracts since last patch are known. dz needs some time to dig into it
- Urban 'effects' buildings, such as transformer stations, also damage the unit that blew up the building, regardless of distance.
I Have a Virus Detection[edit | edit source]
See above, your definitions are out of date
- Use better Anti Virus software
Modded Mechs with own models / Double refit problem[edit | edit source]
Access the Marauder's (or any other modded into mech) refit screen but the refit overlay (which shows the hardpoints where you drag components onto/off the mech) will not close when work is confirmed or canceled.
For example, when I refit the mech by, say, adding a heat sink and removing an ammo bin and click confirm, the background changes from the Marauder refit screen to the mech bays but the overlay remains, including the confirmation dialog. Each subsequent click of confirm debits my available funds by the cost of the work I had requested.
If I try and cancel the refit, the background changes from the Marauder refit screen to the mech bays but again, the refit overlay remains.
When the overlay persists, it prevents me from navigating and interacting with other those screens I am able to reach and the only option is to reload.
Possible Fix -
- Fix is known, only it needs to be re-ported the mech models themselves to make them as issue free as possible.
- Click the confirmation screen once, and on the 2nd confirmation screen or subsequent screens you can cancel them with no problems (It prevents double stacking with double price of refitting/repairs).
Steel Beast Crab (FP) - Load failing/Shop breaking/Save game breaking[edit | edit source]
The Steel Beast its known to cause problems with RogueTech (and probably other mods). This due to some problems with filenames for that particular mech (existing 2 versions of it, and one with broken formatting within the file) which can cause multiple problems.
Note this is a vanilla problem, if its not fixed, it will probably be forever present (since even having a file replacing it may cause RT to not load, confirmed, one of the modders wasted 16 hours figuring out what was preventing RT to load for him, and it was this).
But the relevant part for this, is to just NOT LOOT IT AT ALL!
Try to evade it like the plague, since it will prevent you from selling anything, and the worst case scenario, save game game corruption.
Pilot Skills[edit | edit source]
Bug when using the pilot skills Warlord and Multi-Target: When you first activate Warlord, Multi-Target is on a 1-turn cool-down, so you can't use it with Warlord. However, when you first activate Multi-Target and then Warlord, you actually can use Multi-Target with Warlord (it still shows the 1-turn cool-down timer, but the skill is still selected).
Percentage Bonus Equipment[edit | edit source]
Equipment that has a percentage bonus, needs to be loaded after the flat bonus equipment due to how the calculations are made.
First all the flat bonus are calculated and only then are the percentage bonus calculated.
No Bonus Starting Gear[edit | edit source]
No bonus starting gear, instead RandomStart gives you a bit better mechs (and heavier) on game start.
Reserves Spawn NPE[edit | edit source]
When reserves spawn, they don't necessarily get OnRoundBeing invoked. This causes NPEs (NullPointException) in the lookup of ActorInit. Protect the ActorInit fetch.
Save Game loading failure[edit | edit source]
Loading a save without restarting the game may fail.
Priority Contracts Failing to load[edit | edit source]
Priority contracts randomly fail to load.
Minefields, Melee attack, and Lethal Damage[edit | edit source]
A short slowdown and hang when meleed through a minefield and taking lethal damage.
Its being worked on currently.