How Gunnery Affects CTH
RT makes some changes to accuracy calculations, but the formula is the same as the base code.
The Key Points:[edit | edit source]
- The Base CTH Floor is 80%, up from 70%
- Gunnery adds 1% to this Base CTH Floor, instead of 2%, but results in the same maximum of 90%
- The result is that from base gunnery alone, it is actually easier in RT, and maxes out at the same amount
- Magic math, hardcoded in vanilla game files
- These tweaks that RT has done brings the distribution curve of hit rolls closer to CBT - 2d6.
- This magic math is why you see weird chances like 33.6%
So how does RT create such a vastly different scenario from Base Game?[edit | edit source]
- More of everything that affects Accuracy
- Deeper Electronic Warfare complexity
- Changes to Visibility
Read more about the gameplay changes here.