Glossary of Terms[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Double Heat Sink (DHS)[edit | edit source]
- The upgraded version of the SHS (Single Heat Sink), it can dissipate twice as much heat as standard SHSs for the same amount of tonnage, but at the cost of the slots used.
Fire Control System (FCS)[edit | edit source]
- Located in the head of a 'Mech.
- There are many different types of FCS, usually giving a specific bonus to accuracy, but not only.
Laser Anti-Missile System (LAMS) [edit | edit source]
- The Laser Anti-Missile System (LAMS) is an advanced variation of the standard Anti-Missile Systems. While the standard system utilizes a machine gun linked to specialized tracking systems, the LAMS uses a Small Pulse Laser, ensuring that the system never runs out of ammunition.
- LAMS generate a constant heat as they are always primed to fire immediately. Does not stack.
- Gain -15% Missile Damage, +5 Heat Generated
NARC Missile Beacon[edit | edit source]
- This Launcher fires a single NARC beacon that attaches itself to the enemy and emits a homing signal for all friendly weapons.
- This prototype comes with an advanced guidance system.
- Three turn duration, does not stack.
- Gain +2 Accuracy; Ignores 2 Evasion Pips
Null Signature System (NSS)[edit | edit source]
- An upgraded Stealth Armour allows this to reduce incoming hits and trades heat generation for a reduced sensor and target signature. Reserves 6 slots and requires an ECM (Electronic Counter-Measure).
- Gain 10% Bonus to Bulwark, -35% reduction to Signature & Visibility
Single Heat Sink (SHS)[edit | edit source]
- The standard type of heat sinks available for 'Mechs. Both as a module or as part of the inner parts of an engine core.
Target Acquisition Gear (TAG) [edit | edit source]
- Target Acquisition Gear combines several active scanning systems to act like a ‘Mech-sized laser pointer and share targeting information with the Lance.
- Two turn duration, does not stack.
RTFM[edit | edit source]
- You're reading it.