Galaxy At War
G@W is NOT Online Maps, these are two related, but separate mods.
Galaxy At War[edit | edit source]
In Galaxy at War, the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere will not simply wait for a wedding invitation to show their disdain for each other. To that end, war will break out as petty bickering turns into all out conflict. Your reputation with the factions is key - the more they like you, the more they'll bring you to the front lines and the greater the rewards. Perhaps an enterprising mercenary could make their fortune changing the tides of battle and helping a faction dominate the Inner Sphere.
New features in Galaxy at War[edit | edit source]
- Each planet generates Attack Resources and Defensive Resources that they will be constantly spending to spread their influence and protect their own systems.
- Planetary Resources and Faction Influence can be seen on the Star Map by hovering over any system.
- Successfully completing missions will swing the influence towards the Faction granting the contract.
- Target Acquisition Missions & Attack and Defend Missions will give a permanent bonus to the winning faction's Attack Resources and a permanent deduction to the losing faction's Defensive Resources.
- If you accept a Priority Mission contract, the Faction will blockade the system, until the system is won. A bonus will be granted for every mission you complete within that system during that time.
- To take control of a planet, you need 25% more influence than the current owner.
- Hitting Control-R will bring up a summary of the Faction's relationships and their overall war status.
- Shift-Click on any item on the Timeline to accelerate the movement of time until that item is reached
- Additional System Highlights (Shown with a broken colored ring/circle/brackets)
- Systems flagged Red mean Pirates are active and will reduce Resources in a system.
- Systems flagged Purple on the Star Map are the most valuable local targets.
- Systems flagged Yellow have changed ownership during the previous month.