Please note: This is not a support forum; please talk to us over on Discord for support; Discord Invite - https://discord.gg/93kxWQZ
- 1 I am seeing an Error-404 Asset Bundle Missing
- 2 I am experiencing slowdowns
- 3 Common Questions with issues
- 3.1 What is the difference between Mission Control options
- 3.2 Is the flashpoint or Urban Warfare DLC required?
- 3.3 What is a "Clean Install"
- 3.4 I have installed RogueTech but it is stuck during loading
- 3.5 What do the coloured lines while shooting mean
- 3.6 There is that little "invalid" icon in the mechbay. Why is my build invalid?
- 3.7 I used the installer, did everything right, but i still got old settings back, and game still won't load.
- 3.8 I added a Heatsink to my mech, but it cost no tonnage. 'Why ?'
- 3.9 Why can't i add that engine core to my mech. I have it, but it dont show in the mechbay.
- 3.10 What is the difference between Company and Planet Difficulty?
- 3.11 Fail to Load Save (System Unicode issue)
- 4 General Support
- 4.1 Windows Defender blocks the installation
- 4.2 I want to update RogueTech, will it break my save?
- 4.3 Where do i find the logs they ask for?
- 4.4 How do i enable the debug menu in BattleTech ?
- 4.5 I've spotted a mech called "REPORT ME".
- 4.6 What Language Should I Use
- 4.7 Where do i find the version number of BattleTech and RogueTech?
I am seeing an Error-404 Asset Bundle Missing[edit | edit source]
- You have not installed the Community Asset Bundle
- You MUST install the Community Asset Bundle, as stated in change log, big yellow sign (seen above)
- You can download the Community Asset Bundle here
I am experiencing slowdowns[edit | edit source]
Advice for slowdowns from a 9700k + 64Gb + RTX2080 user who was still getting slowdowns:
1. turn off vsync in btech settings and turn on "fast" vsync in nvidia control panel
2. add battletech folder to exclusion list for windows defender
3. add battletech.exe process to exclusion list for windows defender
4. make sure you use crystal clear when it installs roguetech went from 100% utilization of my gpu and 8fps min to 20% utilization and smooth 60fps
Common Questions with issues[edit | edit source]
If you dont see your answer here Please Check our Known Bugs page
What is the difference between Mission Control options[edit | edit source]
- Randomizes Battle Spawns - Vanilla Map sizes with less predictable drop zones
- Randomized Spawns & Larger Maps - Larger map zone with less predictable drop zones
- Massive Sized Battles & 2 Player Lances - Control more then 4 units at a given time; face many more enemies. Will make you cry... Plz Stop!
Is the flashpoint or Urban Warfare DLC required?[edit | edit source]
- No, If you do NOT have the Flashpoint DLC; Please make sure to have the checkbox for Flashpoint in the install UNTICKED
- No, If you do NOT have the Urban Warfare DLC; Please make sure to have the checkbox for Urban Warfare in the install UNTICKED
What is a "Clean Install"[edit | edit source]
- A clean install means the removal of the mods folder, prior to updating to a newer version. This can be done by manually deleting your Battletech Mods folder or by selecting ALL of the cleanup options on the Roguetech installer. It DOESN'T affect your saved games in anyway and only takes an extra 30 seconds to complete compared to the normal installation progress. A clean install is recommended by the RT team for every new update.
- You Can also delete the MODS folder in your Battletech main directory to Ensure absolute compatibility for a clean install
I have installed RogueTech but it is stuck during loading[edit | edit source]
- You are running an incompatible version please check the Change Log and Installation Guide to ensure you have installed the correct version of both Battletech and Roguetech.
- Potential Workaround: If you experience an Infinite load, try loading a Skirmish game first to load Mech selections. Once that has completed, retry Career mode.
- If the issue still persists, please open a support ticket on our Discord Page
A more detailed explanation can be found at the How AIM-ing works page;
The colours on your firing lines indicate which of your opponents arcs you are hitting. This helps because side and rear shots have an accuracy bonus! Outflank a hard to hit enemy to bring them down.
- Direct line of sight = Solid Color.
- Obstructed line of sight = Solid color + Color change (From the obstructed object to the target).
- Indirect fire = dashed blue line.
- Red = Frontal shot.
- Cyan = Side shot.
- Green = Rear Shot.
- Dotted white = Sight of enemy but not within your current arc range.
There is that little "invalid" icon in the mechbay. Why is my build invalid? [edit | edit source]
- Press the CONFIRM button, it will tell you the necessary equipment or faults of the configuration.
I used the installer, did everything right, but i still got old settings back, and game still won't load. [edit | edit source]
- Turn off cloud saves in Steam/GOG Galaxy.
- Set your System and Unicode languages to English (if you are using a different language for those, installation most probably won't work).
- Delete the mod folder, validate your installation and reinstall RT with the proper settings (your game options, delete mods folder and first time patch for BTML).
- Some Engine cores have internal heatsinks < 10. Heatsinks added UP to 10 cost a slot, but no weight. You already paid the weight with the engine weight.
Why can't i add that engine core to my mech. I have it, but it dont show in the mechbay. [edit | edit source]
- The core has to have an rating of at least twice the tonnage of your mech. You can't mount Engine Core 155 on a 80t mech thus it will not show up in the mechlab. Reason for this that the lowest possible amount of movement points a mech can have is two and the MP are calculated as rating/tonnage. The upper limit is 8 MP that means the rating can't be over 8 times your tonnage. Means a 30t Spider is limited to a Engine Core 240 at best. But with a clan MASC it's able to "breach the sound barrier" and sprint about 21 hexes or 525m on ideal terrain.
- Company Difficulty - All planet skull difficulty change with Company Progression - Based on maximum drop weight fielded, not MRB rating.
- Planet Difficult - Each planet will have different skull difficulties depending on importance (IE: border planet or capital).
Fail to Load Save (System Unicode issue)[edit | edit source]
- This is a known issue most present due to the installer (and how general Windows OS works) that transforms characters from Unicode/English language to another, which will corrupt certain files and will make it impossible to load in-game.
The error should have something similar to this.
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No StarSystemDef entry in 'SystemDefs' with id: 'starsystemdef_Ceará'
Easy way: Change your Windows System and Unicode language to English on installation for RT to properly install.
Complex way: Download this file and change the folder and its contents with the compressed archive from said downloaded file.
Replace this folder and all its contents with within with those provided (not just simply overwrite them):
The following planet names are known to be bugged when the system language is set to Japanese:
- Dunklewälderdunklerflüssenschattenwelt (Bob 2789+)
- Kirkvåg (Toch Zu 2822+)
- Köln (FWL)
- Köln (HL)
Note: Both of this solutions will need to be done in every update.
General Support[edit | edit source]
Windows Defender blocks the installation[edit | edit source]
Your Windows Defender definition package is old (what determines what is bad from good), as this has been resolved, and Microsoft has been notified and they properly did a scan for the injection methods used for the RT Installer to patch the
Assembly-CS.dll which is used for BTML/ModTek.
To actually resolve this, without messing with Windows Defender directly, do the following.
1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender 2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”.
What this does, is basically to remove the cached definitions for them to be re-downloaded again. Since Windows Defender doesn't actually solve stuff like this normally.
The latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions
Or alternatively, change to a real Anti-Virus.
I want to update RogueTech, will it break my save? [edit | edit source]
If an update will break a save, the CHANGELOG will say it so. Please note CLEAN INSTALL doesn't mean that saves are incompatible, please see above what we mean by this term
Where do i find the logs they ask for? [edit | edit source]
There are 3 logs, in almost every case only output_log.txt is needed. If they need another log, they will ask for it. The paths for the logs are:
+ log from relevant mod folder if possible (example: BATTLETECH\Mods\MODNAME\log.txt)
[edit | edit source]
The debug menu itself gets enabled during the RogueTech installation if you tick the box for it on the last page of the installer. To make it visible during an contract press LEFT CTRL + SHIFT + MINUS (-).
I've spotted a mech called "REPORT ME".[edit | edit source]
If you spot it in a mission: Something went wrong with the lance spawner. Go to discord, open a support ticket, report your encounter and post your cleaned_output_log. Once you've got acknowledgement then either restart the mission/load a save prior to the mission, or console/cheat kill the mech.
If you spot it in the skirmish Mechlab: Yeah, its going to be there, just ignore it. Admire it's OP-ness if you feel like it.
What Language Should I Use[edit | edit source]
We advise you to use English as the default game language. This is to avoid spawn errors resulting from the partial translation of some tags . If you are playing on a language other than English and encounter a REPORT ME mech; reset your game language to English, this should clear the issue. If it persists, please open a support ticket on discord.
Where do i find the version number of BattleTech and RogueTech? [edit | edit source]
In the Main Menu of the game in the lower left corner.