Please note: This is not a support forum; please talk to us over on Discord for support; Discord Invite - https://discord.gg/br3RWtG
- 1 I am seeing an Error-404 Asset Bundle Missing
- 2 Common Questions with issues and Known Bugs
- 2.1 Is the flashpoint DLC required?
- 2.2 I have installed RogueTech but it is stuck during loading
- 2.3 How to install a DHS Kit
- 2.4 What do the coloured lines while shooting mean
- 2.5 I cannot assemble my Mech as it is showing 0 Parts
- 2.6 There is that little "invalid" icon in the mechbay. Why is my build invalid?
- 2.7 I used the installer, did everything right, but i still got old settings back, and game still won't load.
- 2.8 I added a Heatsink to my mech, but it cost no tonnage. 'Why ?'
- 2.9 Why can't i add that engine core to my mech. I have it, but it dont show in the mechbay.
- 2.10 What is the difference between Company and Planet Difficulty?
- 2.11 Fail to Load Save (System Unicode issue)
- 3 General Support
- 3.1 Windows Defender blocks the installation
- 3.2 I want to report a bug, how and where can i do this?
- 3.3 I want to update RogueTech, will it break my save?
- 3.4 Where do i find the logs they ask for?
- 3.5 How do i enable the debug menu in BattleTech ?
- 3.6 Help, I can't see some enemies!
- 3.7 I've spotted a mech called "REPORT ME".
- 3.8 Where do i find the version number of BattleTech and RogueTech?
- 4 For versions 996/997 (Archived expand to read)
- 5 Gameplay Changes
I am seeing an Error-404 Asset Bundle Missing[edit | edit source]
- You have not installed the Community Asset Bundle
- You MUST install the Community Asset Bundle, as stated in change log, big yellow sign (seen above)
- You can download the Community Asset Bundle here
Common Questions with issues and Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Are you seeing a bunch of ??? ? Are you having contacts with no models? You can't see enemy details? Well look no further! Welcome to Low Visibility!
- Your sensors have not been able to detect the level of equipment on mechs as part of the Low Visibility mod included in RT
Is the flashpoint DLC required?[edit | edit source]
- No, If you do NOT have the DLC; Please make sure to have the checkbox for Flashpoint in the installed UNTICKED
I have installed RogueTech but it is stuck during loading[edit | edit source]
- You are running an incompatible version please check the Change Log and Installation Guide to ensure you have installed the correct version of both Battletech and Roguetech.
How to install a DHS Kit [edit | edit source]
- In Rogue Tech in its 0.997 release, the installation of DHS kits was vastly simplified. Heatsink Kits now have their own slot in every mech and the Mechengineer tooltips will not allow you to field a mech without any Heatsink Kit installed.
- For installation of a Heatsink Kit you simply drag and drop any Heatsink Kit from your equipment inventory onto the CT section of the mech.
- To acquire different Heatsink Kit variants you are now able to find them as a normal salvage item in any post mission loot table. Of course you can still be lucky and have a newly assembled and repaird salvage mech to come with an intact heatsink kit installed.
A more detailed explanation can be found at the How AIM-ing works page;
The colours on your firing lines indicate which of your opponents arcs you are hitting. This helps because side and rear shots have an accuracy bonus! Outflank a hard to hit enemy to bring them down.
- Direct line of sight = Solid Color.
- Obstructed line of sight = Solid color + Color change (From the obstructed object to the target).
- Indirect fire = dashed blue line.
- Red = Frontal shot.
- Cyan = Side shot.
- Green = Rear Shot.
- Dotted white = Sight of enemy but not within your current arc range.
It is a Known Bug; Please visit that section of the wiki for work around steps.
There is that little "invalid" icon in the mechbay. Why is my build invalid? [edit | edit source]
Press the CONFIRM button, it will tell you the necessary equipment or faults of the configuration.
I used the installer, did everything right, but i still got old settings back, and game still won't load. [edit | edit source]
Turn off cloud saves in Steam/GOG Galaxy.
Set your System and Unicode languages to English (if you are using a different language for those, installation most probably won't work).
Delete the mod folder, validate your installation and reinstall RT with the proper settings (your game options, delete mods folder and first time patch for BTML).
Some Engine cores have internal heatsinks < 10. Heatsinks added UP to 10 cost a slot, but no weight. You already paid the weight with the engine weight.
Why can't i add that engine core to my mech. I have it, but it dont show in the mechbay. [edit | edit source]
The core has to have an rating of at least twice the tonnage of your mech. You can't mount Engine Core 155 on a 80t mech thus it will not show up in the mechlab. Reason for this that the lowest possible amount of movement points a mech can have is two and the MP are calculated as rating/tonnage. The upper limit is 8 MP that means the rating can't be over 8 times your tonnage. Means a 30t Spider is limited to a Engine Core 240 at best. But with a clan MASC it's able to "breach the sound barrier" and sprint about 21 hexes or 525m on ideal terrain.
- Company Difficulty - All planet skull difficulty change with Company Progression - Based on maximum drop weight fielded, not MRB rating.
- Planet Difficult - Each planet will have different skull difficulties depending on importance (IE: border planet or capital).
Fail to Load Save (System Unicode issue)[edit | edit source]
This is a known issue most present due to the installer (and how general Windows OS works) that transforms characters from Unicode/English language to another, which will corrupt certain files and will make it impossible to load in-game.
The error should have something similar to this.
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No StarSystemDef entry in 'SystemDefs' with id: 'starsystemdef_Ceará'
Easy way: Change your Windows System and Unicode language to English on installation for RT to properly install.
Complex way: Download this file and change the folder and its contents with the compressed archive from said downloaded file.
Replace this folder and all its contents with within with those provided (not just simply overwrite them):
Note: Both of this solutions will need to be done in every update.
General Support[edit | edit source]
Windows Defender blocks the installation[edit | edit source]
Your Windows Defender definition package is old (what determines what is bad from good), as this has been resolved, and Microsoft has been notified and they properly did a scan for the injection methods used for the RT Installer to patch the
Assembly-CS.dll which is used for BTML/ModTek.
To actually resolve this, without messing with Windows Defender directly, do the following.
1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender 2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”.
What this does, is basically to remove the cached definitions for them to be re-downloaded again. Since Windows Defender doesn't actually solve stuff like this normally.
The latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions
Or alternatively, change to a real Anti-Virus.
First, if you want to report an bug, please update to the latest version - Battletech and RogueTech. You need also to know how to reproduce the bug. If you are not on the latest version, please do NOT report that bug. Join us on Discord - that's the fastest way for most of the bugs.
I want to update RogueTech, will it break my save? [edit | edit source]
If an update will break a save, the CHANGELOG will say it so.
Where do i find the logs they ask for? [edit | edit source]
There are 3 logs, in almost every case only output_log.txt is needed. If they need another log, they will ask for it. The paths for the logs are:
[edit | edit source]
The debug menu itself gets enabled during the RogueTech installation if you tick the box for it on the last page of the installer. To make it visible during an contract press LEFT CTRL + SHIFT + MINUS (-).
Help, I can't see some enemies![edit | edit source]
In 0.997 sensors and visibility changed, you might find that your unable to target a mech because you can't get sensor or visual locks on it. Move closer, or install better sensors/visual range equipment on your mech.
Alternatively, if the mechs are there, you have sensor and visual locks, but the mechs don't have any models and blank air is shooting at you (or your own mechs don't have any models), you forgot to install the assets bundle. Download it from the proper location, install it according to the instructions.
I've spotted a mech called "REPORT ME".[edit | edit source]
If you spot it in a mission: Something went wrong with the lance spawner. Go to discord, say you got it, post your cleaned_output_log. Once you've got acknowledgement then either restart the mission/load a save prior to the mission, or console/cheat kill the mech.
If you spot it in the skirmish Mechlab: Yeah, its going to be there, just ignore it. Admire it's OP-ness if you feel like it.
Where do i find the version number of BattleTech and RogueTech? [edit | edit source]
In the Main Menu of the game in the lower left corner.
For versions 996/997 (Archived expand to read)[edit | edit source]
How do I get V1.3.2 of Battletech The Game back?
Steam users:[edit | edit source]
- Right click Battletech
- Go to properties
- Select the Beta Tab
- Select 1.3.2 in the drop down menu
- Steam will now update your game version to V1.3.2 required to run the latest RT
GOG Galaxy users:[edit | edit source]
- Proceed to the game card for your game in the GOG Galaxy client.
- Proceed to the game's settings via the "More" option, and select "Settings"
- Select "ON" from the drop down menu in the "Beta Channels" option on the right hand side.
- A "Channel" option should now be visible. And in the Dropdown should be the option for "Beta".
- After selecting this option, GOG Galaxy should automatically start your download of the beta branch.
How to Switch back on GOG Galaxy:[edit | edit source]
- To switch back, simply repeat the steps above, but choose "default" in the Channel Drop down options.
Gameplay Changes[edit | edit source]
How do I disable TAC (Through Armor Criticals)?[edit | edit source]
- If you have open Battletech game, close it right now.
- Open "battletech\Mods\AIM\settings.json" with your favorite text editor and search for "CritChanceZeroArmor" .
- Next you want to change the value set for 0.
- You should now have "CritChanceZeroArmor": 0,
- Save and Exit the file.