A RogueTech mini module. Originally an add-on mod made by community member MXMach (talk), now an optional module which adds collection of weapons and equipment that brings the aspect of death more certain towards your mech warriors. Be careful to not take a wrong step and get eviscerated.
They are only found on special mechs added with mod and normally really rare to find, but deadly.
Note: The weapons and equipment are not intended to be lore-friendly and may be considered "cheaty". Even if there is an effort to balance it with the rest of the RogueTech package. (Allegedly)
Note: I don't update too much this page, so consider it "outdated" by a bit... MXMach (talk) 05:16, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
Equipment Included:[edit | edit source]
This module comes with the following weapons:[edit | edit source]
- Rotary AC/10 (C) - A clan envisioned Rotary AC/10, 4 shots, 60 damage each. Can suffer from jamming.
- Rotary AC/20 (C) - A clan envisioned Rotary AC/20, 4 shots, 80 damage each. Can suffer from jamming.
- Rotary AC/20 (LF) - A special clan Rotary AC/20 affixed to the Little Friend, also 4 shots, 65 damage each but with reduced space and weight (still heavy and not possible to take out). Can suffer from jamming.
- Heavy Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle (C) - A Clan Society prototype Heavy Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle, what would later become the Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle, firing submunitions capable to utterly crush any target it is aimed at. 30 damage, 5 clustered shots. Can suffer from jamming. Damage variance by range (close range optimal).
- Railgun (DS) - Down scaled version of the already found one in-game, to be able to be mounted on normal mechs. Mountable only on the CT. 245 damage +/- 50 damage variance (195-295), also volatile.
- Railgun (SR-R) - A special down scaled version of the Railgun, which, while it reduces the critical space used on the mech equipped and affixed to it, limiting the mechs versatility for specialization. Mountable only on the CT. 245 damage +/- 50 damage variance (195-295), also volatile.
The following gear has also been added:[edit | edit source]
- Stealth (C) - An improved stealth system with +1 max evasion, at the cost of more heat passively produced and more weapon heat % generated then even NSS. Also is quite more expensive to mount, so beware. (Ranked between Stealth and NSS, capellan versions). Reserves 6 slots and requires an ECM. CASE ENABLED.
- NSS (C) - A further advancement on clan stealth system's by The Society, gives +. Reserves 6 slots and requires an ECM. evasion and further increased signature and visibility, at the cost of more heat then the Stealth (C) and the most expensive to maintain. CASE ENABLED. (Ranked between NSS and Chameleon Armor/Void-SS)
- Toothed Claws - The prototype Toothed Claws commissioned by ComStar in 3060 to upgrade the King Crab with functional claws which can drag large battlefield salvage or even grasp its prey to rip and tear. They are affixed to both of the Argent Leviathan's arms.
- Supercharged LAM-Light Engine - This specially modified Marauder Engine Core enables the mech's thrusters to work in conjunction with a LAM system strapped into it while retaining the weight savings of a Light Engine, this effectively makes the engine lighter and makes the mech go faster, it adds a lot more bulk then normal LAM or Light engines.
- Directional Thruster (MAD-DER) - This specially modified directional thruster modified for the special MAD-DER Marauder variant works in conjunction with the LAM system strapped into the mech's chassis, while it wasn't possible to remove all the weight cost from the thruster, its lighter then its normal counterparts. And since its linked directly into the engine core, its not possible to remove it, but its destruction won't affect the engine core itself.
- FCS HAG - Upgrades increase accuracy when attacking with Ballistic, Energy, or Missile weaponry, depending on the type of TTS. Doesn't stack with same type but different tiers do. Only available on the LoneWolf.
Mech Data[edit | edit source]
|Spoiler warning: Significant plot details about the Mech data for the mod follow.|
|General Mech Data and Roles.
|Significant plot details about the Mech data for the mod end here.|
Trivia:[edit | edit source]
The "Railgun" present already in the game, made for the Super Heavy Mechs, is based originally on the found on this mod.
Most weapons currently existing on this module, are based of the Mech Warrior 4 MekTek variants. As for the other equipment (and some of the mechs), they are based on concept art designs.
As for the Clan Stealth and Clan NSS, they aren't lore-exact, but were designed as the advancements made by The Society on researching and upgrading the Stealth armour and NSS for clan use with the clan equipment quirks, such as CASE equipped into the armor and some of the improvement applied by CLan technology. The downside is that both system are more expensive to maintain and install.
The "Little Friend" is based on a doodle made by FlyingDebris (Alex Iglesias), about a certain mech with a giant oversized minigun.